What is going on?
- Spotify is giving away free 3-month premium plans to users who never had Premium before.
- If you never had Spotify Premium before, this is a good way to try it out and see if it’s worth it in the long run.
- To claim your free 3-month Premium plan, head over to spotify.com/premium
Starting August 15, 2022, through September 11, 2022, Spotify will hand out a free 3-month premium subscription to eligible users on all platforms, including iOS. If you have a brand new Spotify account or you’ve been using the ad-supported free membership and never subscribed to Premium before, you may be eligible.
In a press release, Spotify also stated that users who previously had Individual Premium but canceled their subscription prior to July 15 can benefit from 3 months of Premium for only $10, or your market equivalent, which is less than $3.5 per month.
How to get 3 Months of Spotify Premium for Free
If you are eligible (never had premium before or you have a new Spotify account), in order to grab the free 3-month Premium subscription head over to spotify.com/premium and follow the instructions on the website.
Spotify claims to give away 3 months of ad-free music listening, offline playback, and more, and you may cancel anytime before the free subscription expires so that you don’t get charged for renewal.
What are the benefits of Spotify Premium over the ad-supported version?
Spotify offers an ad-supported free version of their service which is rather limited. You may not be able to skip as many tracks as you want, can’t download music for offline playback, get ads in-between songs, and some songs may not be available.
The benefits of the Individual Premium plan Spotify is giving away are:
- Ad-Free playback. Essentially no ads whatsoever.
- Unlimited Skips. If you don’t like the song, skip to the next one.
- Download music for offline playback. If you are heading to a place where the reception for cellular data is poor, this can help you have something to listen to while you are there.
- Play any song, even on mobile. You have access to the whole Spotify catalog, with no limits.
Is Spotify Premium worth it?
It really depends on how much you listen to music on your mobile. For me, going to the gym 2 times a week, walking around the city a lot, and just generally moving quite a lot during the day, having Spotify Premium so I can listen to anything I want is a no-brainer.
If you don’t listen to music much, or you don’t mind the limitations of the free ad-supported version of Spotify, it’s still a good idea to claim your free 3-month subscription because why not? It’s free. Just make sure to disable the auto-renewal / remove any credit/debit cards you have on the account so it won’t automatically charge you to renew it past that.
Spotify is quite a popular service and for good reason. With more than 80 million tracks and more than 4 million podcast titles, a lot of music, both new and old, is available on Spotify. The Application on iOS supports car play quite well, and it even has a car mode which simplifies the interface and makes the playback controls much bigger so you can easily reach them while driving.
Overall, Spotify is a good service and a 3-month free premium subscription is not something you should miss. Whether or not you renew it after that is up to you and depends on how much you need your music on the go.
Once the three-month trial ends, your subscription will renew automatically at the regular monthly cost (unless you cancel before the trial period ends), to avoid unexpected charges to your balance, I’d recommend either setting a reminder up so you can remember to cancel it in time or making sure there are no payment methods set up on your account (yes, Apple ID too).
Other guides from iDevice Central
- iOS 15.0 – 15.1.1 Cheyote Jailbreak Was Announced by the Odyssey Team
- Why CheckRa1n Jailbreak Doesn’t Work on iOS 15 and Will it Ever Work Again?
- How To Run Linux on iPhone / iPad & How They Achieved This
- How to actually extend your iPhone’s Battery Life (Tips and Tricks)
- Unpatchable Apple M1 Chip Vulnerability discovered by MIT
- How to create a bootable Windows 10 USB Flash Drive on Mac
- iOS Jailbreak Downloads – Download Jailbreak Tools for All iOS Versions