In October 2022, security researcher Linus Henze released an open-source jailbreak project called Fugu15 that contained a kernel exploit, a PPL bypass, and a PAC bypass.
The jailbreak released by Linus Henze was not very useful for the general public, so it mostly stayed untouched for a few months.
Fast-forward to March of 2023 and developer opa334 (Lars Fröder) took Fugu15 and decided to create a fully working jailbreak with tweaks. The result is called Fugu15-Max for now, but this is a working name.
According to opa334, the jailbreak will have a different name when it is complete.
Download Fugu15 Max Jailbreak IPA for iOS 15.0 – 15.4.1
Fugu15 Max Jailbreak is now available in public beta, which means you can grab the IPA file and sideload it to your device using services like AltStore and Sideloadly.
You may also install Fugu15 Max via the TrollStore Installer!
You should remember that Fugu15 Max Public Beta is what it says on the can, a public beta, not a finalized version, so bugs and changes are to be expected.
Developer opa334 recommends against using Fugu15 Max Public Beta for now because there are still a lot of things that need to be done for this jailbreak to be fully stable.
However, if you are fine with tracking and fixing bugs, and you don’t mind the instability of public beta jailbreak, you can download Fugu15 Max IPA below.
What devices are supported by Fugu15 Max Jailbreak?
You can run the Fugu15 Max jailbreak on all A12+ devices, which include iPhone XS, XR, XS Max, iPhone 11, 12, and even 13.
Older devices like iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 7 are not supported by Fugu15 Max, but you may try PaleRa1n for those, as PaleRa1n can jailbreak iOS 15.0 – 16.3.1 on all A11 and older devices.
Here’s a bird’s eye view of all supported devices for Fugu15 Max:
- A15 – iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max, iPhone SE 3rd Generation.
- A14 – iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.
- A13 – iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE 2nd Generation.
- A12 – iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR.
How to enable tweaks on Fugu15 Max using ElleKit
Since Fugu15 Max is currently in development, the public beta IPA requires you to also download and install ElleKit, which allows you to have tweak injection on iOS 15.0 up to iOS 15.4.1.
To enable tweaks to work on Fugu15, download the ElleKit and install it from the ElleKit.Space repo below. This will allow you to install rootless tweaks on your phone.
This process will be automatized in the future, but for now, it needs to be installed manually since the jailbreak is in public beta.
UPDATE: It’s now possible to install ElleKit without the DEB file, just install it from the https://ellekit.space repo. You can press the buttons below to add ElleKit Repo to your package manager.
Add ElleKit.Space Repo to Sileo
Add ElleKit.Space Repo to Zebra
Add ElleKit.Space Repo to Installer
HERE’S A LIST WITH TWEAKS CONFIRMED WORKING ON FUGU15 MAX!
How to install Fugu15 Max Jailbreak on your device
Since this jailbreak is available in IPA format, you can sideload it easily to your device. Follow the steps below in order to easily install Fugu15 Jailbreak and have your iOS device jailbroken in a matter of minutes.
The TrollStore Method
- Install TrollStore on your device. TrollStore supports iOS 15 up to iOS 15.4.1.
- Download the Fugu15 Max IPA from GitHub, and save it to your iCloud Files.
- Open the share sheet on the IPA file and open it with the TrollStore app.
- Once TrollStore starts, it will install Fugu15 Max IPA.
- Once installed, open the Fugu15 Max application and press the “Jailbreak” button.
The Sideloadly Method
- Install Sideloadly on your computer. Sideloadly supports both Windows and macOS.
- Download the Fugu15 Max IPA from GitHub and save it on Desktop.
- Connect your unlocked phone to the PC.
- Right-click the Fugu15 Max IPA and select Install / Open With Sideloadly.
- Once installed, open the Fugu15 Max IPA and press the “Jailbreak” button.
To get tweaks to work, install ellekit from up above, and PreferenceLoader so that you can configure the tweaks in Settings like on any other jailbreak.
Fugu15 Max Changelog – What is new in the latest version
Here’s what’s new in the latest version of Fugu15 Max. As new versions are released, we will update our changelog here.
Fugu15 Max Public Beta 7 – LATEST
- Fix setuid properly, fixes NewTerm, and probably other stuff too
- Transition to stable Sileo 2.4, only installed on new bootstraps however
Fugu15 Max Public Beta 6
- Fix some memory corruptions in the systemwide and launchd hooks, should fix “initproc exited” random panic
Fugu15 Max Public Beta 5
- Add support for userspace reboots
- Fix AutoFill not working after respring
- Fix function hooking and tweak injection into processes with very hard sandboxed (e.g. WebContent)
- Fix some device / version combinations not being supported (namely iPad 8 on 15.1)
- Update bootstrap to latest
- Improve system wide hook to always respect safe mode and keep libary out of DriverKit and BlastDoor processes
- Prevent tweak injection into processes that could use fork, as hooking C functions in a process currently breaks fork from working, a proper fix for this is still pending
- Add default repos (Chariz, Havoc, Ellekit.space, BigBoss)
- Fix memory leaks in jailbreakd
- Fixes SSH as mobile
- jbupdate functionality,
/var/jb/basebin/jbctl update tipa <path/to/Fugu15.tipa>or
/var/jb/basebin/jbctl update basebin <path/to/basebin.tar>, note that updating to a TIPA also updates basebin but depends on TrollStore being installed on the device
- Update fallback ellekit for launchd hook, properly implement fallback using rpaths
- Delete more Xina leftover Xina files on jailbreak
- Lots of stability improvmeents
Fugu15 Max Public Beta 4
- Fixes system freeze when the jailbreakd daemon crashes or restarts.
Fugu15 Max Public Beta 3
- Fix initial bootstrap (Beta 2 regression)
- Fix off by one causing jailbreakd to enter a crash loop if more than 743 macho files exist in /var/jb
Fugu15 Max Public Beta 2
- Fix system freeze when jailbreakd crashes or restarts
- Make systemwide hook more lightweight (thanks to @Cryptiiiic)
- Fix bootstrapping error when
/var/jbis a symlink that points nowhere
Fugu15 Max Public Beta 1
- Final jailbreak will have a different name
- Update debianutils before updating dash
- Use Ellekit deb here for now for tweak injection (repo soon)
- Userspace reboots are not supported
- You need to manually restart processes that you want stuff to inject after jailbreaking
- Some stuff might not work correctly, don’t expect stability, we can’t currently estimate this until userspace rebooting is implemented and the whole system is hooked
- On 15.0 – 15.3.1, you need to disable wifi while jailbreaking
- Default password for
alpine(you need to install openssh from package manager)
Check out our JAILBREAK DOWNLOADS Page!
Other guides from iDevice Central
- How To Fix “App cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified” on iOS
- How to Install Themes (Custom Icons) On iOS 15.0 – 16.1.2 Without a Jailbreak
- Palera1n Jailbreak Team updated their jailbreak website with smart download links
- Fugu15 Max Jailbreak being developed by opa334 for iOS 15.0 – 15.4.1
- iOS 15.0 – 16.1.2 Jailbreak News: All MacDirtyCow Tweaks & Customizations Available
- GameTutorialPro – Our Game Reviews, Tips, and Walkthroughs website!