Jailbreaking has always been about customization and breaking Apple’s walled garden.
Many of the tweaks available in the jailbreak community provide cosmetic modifications to the otherwise plain-looking stock iOS user interface.
If you are looking to remove the app labels from the Home Screen or from the App Library, you can choose from a plethora of such tweaks, most of them completely free.
Why should you remove the app labels from the Home Screen or App Library?
One of the reasons you would want to remove the app label (the application name) is to get a cleaner setup. Some jailbreak themes work much better visually if you remove the bunch of text under the app icons.
It looks cleaner and easier on the eyes.
While this certainly has the disadvantage that you may not be able to easily tell which app is which (especially with newly installed apps or apps you don’t often use), you will eventually learn the apps by their icons so the app labels become just a nuisance.
Best Jailbreak Tweaks To Remove Labels from the Home Screen and the App Library
Depending on what jailbreak tool you use, there may be more than one tweak available for you to do this. At the same time, we’ve often seen this functionality included in bundle tweaks that customize the Springboard (home screen), or as part of theming platforms such as Sn0wBoard.
Here’s a list of the best tweaks that you can grab to remove the app labels:
- nolabel – FREE – Compatible with rootless jailbreaks like Dopamine, PaleRa1n, and XinaA15 Jailbreak.
- cleanlibrary – FREE – Also compatible with rootless jailbreaks like Dopamine, PaleRa1n, and XinaA15 Jailbreak. This one removes the category name/label from the App Library.
Both of these tweaks are compatible with rootless jailbreaks and they are both available on developer Maxiwee’s Repo, which is maxiwee.de.
Both of these tweaks support iOS and iPadOS 15 and 16.
Other tweaks to remove app labels on iOS and iPadOS
If you are running an older (pre-Rootless) jailbreak, like Unc0ver, Taurine, Pangu, Chimera, etc. there are many more options for you. Here’s a list with some of the tweaks designed for non-rootless (rootful) jailbreaks:
- Hide Labels – FREE – available in BigBoss Repo. Requires iOS 7+.
- SnowBoard – FREE – This option is part of SnowBoard, a theming platform that allows you to install themes on iOS. Should work on iOS 12 – 14 with no issues.
- SpringPlus11 – FREE – For iOS 11, available in BigBoss Repo.
- HideLabels12 – FREE – Available on Packix Repo, supports iOS 12.
- HideLabels13 – FREE – Available on Packix Repo, supports iOS 13.
There are probably dozens of such tweaks, so feel free to use the one you prefer the most.
Other guides from iDevice Central
- Dopamine Jailbreak v1.0.4 RELEASED with additional fixes and improvements
- Download iRemovalRa1n Jailbreak (CheckRa1n for Windows)
- Dopamine Jailbreak (Fugu15 Max) Release Is Coming Soon for iOS 15.0 – 15.4.1 A12+
- Cowabunga Lite For iOS 16.2 – 16.4 Released in Beta! Install Tweaks and Themes Without Jailbreak
- Fugu15 Max Jailbreak: All Confirmed Working Rootless Tweaks List
- iOS 14.0 – 16.1.2 – All MacDirtyCow Tools IPA Downloads
- iOS Jailbreak Downloads – Download Jailbreak Tools for All iOS Versions