Misaka is an application that allows you to discover and manage MacDirtyCow tweaks and apps. The MacDirtyCow exploit provides some minimalistic file read / write access on iOS 16.1.2 and lower, which allowed a couple of very interesting tools to be created.
Developers in the jailbreak community have used the MacDirtyCow exploit to develop dozens of amazing tweaks that don’t require a jailbreak at all. One of the most popular of these apps is Cowabunga which allows you to tweak a lot of UI components on iOS. You can also change sounds, fonts, themes, icon masks, carrier name, and so on.
Since there are so many apps and tweaks built on top of the MacDirtyCow exploit, the Misaka app allows you to discover new ones and install them directly from Misaka. This is quite nice as most of the MDC tweaks are spread across the whole GitHub and you may miss them otherwise.
Misaka acts almost like Cydia on a traditional jailbreak keeping your tweaks list available and giving you easy access to an App Store-like user interface to discover new tweaks.
Note: MacDirtyCow-based tweaks work on all iOS devices, new or old, as long as they run iOS 14.0 up to iOS 16.1.2. Many tweaks and customizations can be achieved with it and no jailbreak is needed. Most MDC apps are also not detected by Jailbreak Detection inside App Store apps!
How to install the Misaka IPA on iOS?
Once installed, you may need to trust your developer profile in Settings. After this, you can open the application and manage your MDC tweaks.
There are currently ~400 tweaks available for you to install using Misaka making MacDirtyCow a very popular tweaking and theming platform for non-jailbroken devices.
Here’s a list of some of the Misaka tweaks you should try:
- Dock Color – This can change the dock color on iOS.
- Unserchable – Add the dots on the Home Screen on iOS 16.
- Anti OTA – This tweak can disable OTA updates on your iPhone.
- ClockFonts – This tweak adds clock fonts on iOS 16.
- EnableSupervisedMode – With this tweak you can enable supervised mode.
- Hide Passcode Blur – USe this to remove the background blur from the passcode screen.
- OneUI – Settings app UI changes.
- Whitelist – This tweak fixes the “Unable to verify app” issue.
- FrostedUI – iOS cosmetic modifications.
- Usagi Passcode – Add your own Passcode Keys images.
- Notification color – With this, you can change the color of the notification banners.
- Hello look – Lock Screen UI changes.
- Android look – This tweak makes your Lock Screen to look like Android.
- JoyPixel – This tweak can add new emojis to iOS keyboard.
- Negative Dock – This tweak modifies the UI of your dock.
- Catolook – This tweak can replace the default Clock app icon background.
- ColorCC – With this tweak you can change the Control Center colors
- ModernCC – Control Center UI changes.
- MuteModule – This tweak adds a mute button to Control Center.
- Wifi Speed – This tweak shows the Wi-Fi speed in the Control Center.
Download Misaka IPA File
You can download the latest Misaka IPA file right here:
More iDevice Central Guides
- Dopamine Jailbreak v1.0.4 RELEASED with additional fixes and improvements
- Download iRemovalRa1n Jailbreak (CheckRa1n for Windows)
- Dopamine Jailbreak (Fugu15 Max) Release Is Coming Soon for iOS 15.0 – 15.4.1 A12+
- Cowabunga Lite For iOS 16.2 – 16.4 Released in Beta! Install Tweaks and Themes Without Jailbreak
- Fugu15 Max Jailbreak: All Confirmed Working Rootless Tweaks List
- iOS 14.0 – 16.1.2 – All MacDirtyCow Tools IPAs
- iOS Jailbreak Tools for All iOS Versions