The second developer beta of iOS 17 has been made available by Apple, and the update can now be downloaded in Settings.
In addition to iOS 17 beta 2, Apple has made available new beta versions of tvOS 17, macOS 14, watchOS 10, and iPadOS 17 for developers.
You can update to the most recent beta version if you’re a developer, a beta tester, or simply a casual user who loves trying out buggy betas by going to the Software Update section on your device.
The iOS 17 Beta 2 release has build number 21A5268h. If you are already running iOS 17 Beta 1, you should already have a new update available in settings.
How to install iOS 17 Developer Beta
This year Apple has changed the way iOS Betas are installed. Previously you needed to buy an Apple Developer subscription ($99 / year) if you wanted to be able to legally download and install iOS Developer Beta profiles and IPSW files.
This year Apple ditched the Paid Developer Account requirement. You can simply log in to the Apple Developer Portal page with your normal free Apple ID that you use on your device, accept the terms and conditions and you will be able to download the latest IPSW for iOS 17 Beta, watchOS 10 Beta, iPadOS 17 Beta and so on.
Once you’ve accepted the terms and conditions, simply reboot your phone, then navigate to Settings, General, then Software Update and you should be able to see a new Beta section.
Tip: If you can’t see the Beta section in Software Updates, make sure you have the latest stable iOS version installed (iOS 16.5.1 at the moment), otherwise the feature will not be available.
You can find a full guide on how to Download and Install iOS 17 Developer Beta here!
What is new in iOS 17 Developer Beta 2?
Here’s the complete changelog for iOS 17 Developer Beta 2:
- iOS 17 beta 2 added support for tapping two iPhones together for AirDrop.
- The Settings app on iPhone now has a new section for the Fitness app.
- On iPadOS 17 beta 2, you can now Shift-click in Spotlight to add a window to your workspace in Stage Manager.
- Crossfade for Apple Music now has a slider to control the length of the fade between songs, which now works compared to Beta 1.
- New CarPlay wallpapers.
You can see the full developer changelog of iOS 17 Developer Beta 2 on Apple’s Release Notes.
Other guides from iDevice Central
- Dopamine Jailbreak v1.0.4 RELEASED with additional fixes and improvements
- Download iRemovalRa1n Jailbreak (CheckRa1n for Windows)
- Dopamine Jailbreak (Fugu15 Max) Release Is Coming Soon for iOS 15.0 – 15.4.1 A12+
- Cowabunga Lite For iOS 16.2 – 16.4 Released in Beta! Install Tweaks and Themes Without Jailbreak
- Fugu15 Max Jailbreak: All Confirmed Working Rootless Tweaks List
- iOS 14.0 – 16.1.2 – All MacDirtyCow Tools IPA Downloads
- iOS Jailbreak Downloads – Download Jailbreak Tools for All iOS Versions