If you’ve been in the jailbreak community for a while, you probably realized how fast the community is shrinking.
iOS Jailbreaks take much longer to develop, they require more and more sophisticated exploits which are harder to find, and when we do get such a jailbreak released, most apps implement jailbreak detection anyway which kinda makes it unusable.
Today we have a great jailbreak alternative that is currently in development – the Chicken-Butt app, a customization toolkit based on the recently released KFD exploit.
This poorly-named app allows you to customize/tweak your iOS device without being jailbroken, and the best of all is that this app cannot be detected by jailbreak detection mechanisms inside apps.
What can you do with the Cluckabunga app for now?
Remember, Cluckabunga works on iOS 16.0 – 16.5 and iOS 16.6 Beta 1 for all A12+ devices. Currently, the following customization options can be found in the latest available version from GitHub:
- Hide dock
- Hide home bar
- Hide folder backgrounds
- Importing locks from TrollLock
- Custom number of frames + custom animation speeds (see below)
- Find and download themes for locks!
- If you would like to submit your own work, please join the Cowabunga discord
- Other Tools
- Custom Fonts
- Settings App Customizer
Of course, this app is currently in development. We first started to see this kind of tweaking platforms made when the MacDirtyCow exploit was released. Cowabunga was the most prominent with the most tweaks / themes available, but many others have quickly surfaced.
Nowadays there are multiple such tweaking platforms in development, including Picasso (formerly Mandela Pro) by developer sourcelocation.
Is Cluckabunga safe to use?
Yes! In fact, this is much safer to use than a full jailbreak that allows the user to potentially delete important files.
However, while this is considered safe, you should keep in mind that this app still uses a publicly available kernel exploit to perform the tweaking, so the security of your device is impacted significantly. Though it’s worth noting that the same can be said for any jailbreak tool.
Latest Cluckabunga v2.1.1 Changelog – What is new?
- Card Changer/Passcode Keys no longer ask to kopen when already kopened
- Card Changer and Passcode Keys should no longer panic when switching between the 2
More iDevice Central guides
- iOS 17 Jailbreak RELEASED! How to Jailbreak iOS 17 with PaleRa1n
- Download iRemovalRa1n Jailbreak (CheckRa1n for Windows)
- Dopamine Jailbreak (Fugu15 Max) Release Is Coming Soon for iOS 15.0 – 15.4.1 A12+
- Cowabunga Lite For iOS 16.2 – 16.4 Released in Beta! Install Tweaks and Themes Without Jailbreak
- Fugu15 Max Jailbreak: All Confirmed Working Rootless Tweaks List
- iOS 14.0 – 16.1.2 – All MacDirtyCow Tools IPAs
- iOS Jailbreak Tools for All iOS Versions