The release of the checkm8 BootROM exploit brought a new generation of jailbreaks like checkra1n and palera1n which Apple cannot fully patch. For a few years, checkra1n was one of the most popular jailbreaks until it stopped working when iOS 15 was released. There seemed to be little interest in updating it, except for siguza’s continuous PongoOS update.
After a few months without a proper iOS 15 jailbreak, the PaleRa1n team released PaleRa1n jailbreak which effectively replaces checkra1n. It supports the same devices that checkra1n supports, can run tweaks, and comes with Sileo Package Manager.
These days PaleRa1n is one of the most stable jailbreaks out there, and it supports iOS 15.0 all the way up to iOS 16.4.1 on A11 and lower devices.
Palera1n Jailbreak v2.0.0 Beta 6 is out! Download PaleRa1n Jailbreak for iOS 15.0 to iOS 16.4.1
Today, the PaleRa1n jailbreak team released the update v2.0.0 beta 6 which is now available on the official GitHub of the PaleRa1n Jailbreak. If you are using the jailbreak, you should definitely go ahead and update as fast as possible.
According to the official v2.0.0 beta 6 release announcement, the changelog for this update is as follows:
- iOS 16.4 – 16.4.1 support
- BindFS 16.0+ support
- New rewritten loader app and more!
According to the release notes, the loader is now 90% smaller, it was fully rewritten with UIKit and includes some localisations for Chinese and Japanese.
On the GitHub release page for v2.0.0 beta 6, the PaleRa1n team also stated that a few issues related to the loader have been identified, and these issues will be fixed in the next beta release.
There are apparently some issues relating to migration from old palera1n installs with rootless, it’s recommended to restrap when going from beta 5 to beta 6.
#palera1n 2.0.0 beta 6 is out!
– iOS 16.4 – 16.4.1 support
– BindFS 16.0+ support
– New rewritten loader app
— palera1n (@palera1n) April 27, 2023
Download the latest PaleRa1n Jailbreak
PaleRa1n jailbreak is a semi-tethered jailbreak utility, which means it requires a computer in order to jailbreak your device. There is no IPA version available that you can install directly on your phone.
To jailbreak your iPhone with the PaleRa1n Jailbreak, you need to download the macOS or Linux version (no native Windows is currently available) and follow the steps inside the program.
To download the latest PaleRa1n Jailbreak build, press the download button below (official GitHub link).
DOWNLOAD PALERA1N JAILBREAK
PaleRa1n Jailbreak compatible devices
You can jailbreak with PaleRa1n any checkm8-compatible device. This means A11 and older devices, so the following devices are all supported:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7
- iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 6S
- iPod Touch 7th Generation
- iPad (2019, 7th Generation)
- iPad (2018, 6th Generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5″ (2017)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 2nd Generation (2017)
- iPad (2017) 5th Generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (4th Generation)
- iPad Mini 4
Devices like iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XS are all unsupported by PaleRa1n Jailbreak.
Other guides from iDevice Central
- Download iRemovalRa1n Jailbreak (CheckRa1n for Windows)
- Dopamine Jailbreak (Fugu15 Max) Release Is Coming Soon for iOS 15.0 – 15.4.1 A12+
- Cowabunga Lite For iOS 16.2 – 16.4 Released in Beta! Install Tweaks and Themes Without Jailbreak
- Fugu15 Max Jailbreak: All Confirmed Working Rootless Tweaks List
- iOS 14.0 – 16.1.2 – All MacDirtyCow Tools IPA Downloads
- iOS 15.0 – 16.1.2 Jailbreak News: All MacDirtyCow Tweaks & Customizations Available
- iOS Jailbreak Downloads – Download Jailbreak Tools for All iOS Versions